BD and Relationships Executive
Incredible opportunity to join our dynamic and diverse team. We offer a competitive base salary, personal development budget, bonus scheme, pension package, excellent holiday allowance, hybrid working and a healthy work / life balance, together with private healthcare and wellbeing support.
This role is permanent and full time. To apply, please send an introductory cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
This role has been created due to business growth. It is an exciting opportunity for a proactive and organised business development professional, with a keenness to learn and a passion for making a difference to our team, our business and our clients. We’re looking for an amazing individual with a quality-first approach, an entrepreneurial mindset and strong alignment with our collaborative culture.
You will work closely with the Director of Business Development and the advisory team to shape, coordinate and execute our BD approach. You can also expect to develop insights into commercial strategy, strategic planning, client relationship development and marketing. Your work will be important to our business’ client and growth strategy and will include:
- Leading the development of client, stakeholder and market insights for the team, with a focus on identifying new opportunities and developing relationships with current and prospective clients
- Supporting and helping to drive client development plans and activities, including researching and preparing collateral ahead of current and prospective client meetings
- Working flexibly with our team to plan, coordinate and deliver BD priorities across the business
- Reviewing and inputting to pitch content
- Providing written and oral business updates on strategic BD initiatives, coordinating firm-wide input
- Maintaining an accurate opportunity pipeline
- Providing input into the business development strategy, including researching and presenting relevant initiatives
- Executing BD projects and events with an awareness of budget and timescale targets, briefing third parties appropriately and working collaboratively to ensure deliverables meet quality standards, brand guidelines and team objectives
- Producing reports to track the relative effectiveness of various BD/marketing initiatives
- Establishing effective and trusted relationships across the firm
Fingleton has an outstanding reputation for strategic advice. We have a fantastic client base that ranges from innovative challenger businesses to well-known global players across a range of sectors.
We have a unique mix of advisory expertise, allowing us to provide strategic insights that help our clients be more successful, both commercially and socially. We hold trusted relationships with executive teams and advise across a wide range of cutting edge competition and regulatory issues.
We are a close-knit team comprising experts from a diverse range of backgrounds, from working within regulators and government to consultancy and private practice, as well as business professionals in Business Development and Marketing, Finance and Operations.
We balance our passion for quality and progressive thinking, with a friendly and supportive culture. We work flexibly and collaboratively from our central London office and from home.
Skills, experience and approach
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a B2B business development or client management environment, plus a business/economics/marketing undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification
- An interest in public affairs and impacts for businesses and individuals, combined with a drive to help the business identify new opportunities and develop enduring client relationships
- Experience coordinating and implementing impactful BD / marketing / client relationship initiatives
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to present key information succinctly
- Excellent attention to detail, in checking own work and evaluating others’ work
- Confident in light copy editing and occasional copywriting
- Highly organised with a professional, collaborative, confident and proactive approach to their role
- A passion for excellence and a flexible approach focused on business growth, quality brand development and team success
- Prior professional services experience
- Project management experience / qualifications
- Experience working with a CRM system
Fingleton recognises the value - both for individuals and our business - in having a diverse team. One of our founding principles is that ideas and advice are improved by applying a diverse set of experiences and perspectives. We are committed to delivering an equality of opportunity and experience to anybody who applies to work at Fingleton and to those who go on to become part of our team.