Permanent, Full Time or Part Time
We are seeking outstanding economists and lawyers with professional experience in competition, economic regulation or consumer protection.
Benefits include competitive base salary, company bonus scheme, pension package, flexible working and wellbeing support, dynamic team and culture.
What the job involves
This is a unique opportunity to advise senior decision makers on complex and cutting edge issues.
You will have regular client contact, and be expected to be able to engage at a high level with senior decision makers as well as work collaboratively with other advisors, including law firms and economic consultancies. The role requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to put clear messages across in short written form. You will work on a variety of projects, some long-term and others shorter, with typically 2-3 projects at any one time.
We aspire to be the regulatory advisor of choice for CEOs and their executive teams. We help anticipate and address novel or complex regulatory problems critical to the continuing success of their businesses. Our clients describe us as providing next-level insights that help steer the ship.
Our team comprises experts from diverse backgrounds. This allows us to offer strategic insights that help our clients put legacy issues to rest, anticipate and mitigate new challenges, engage constructively with regulators and other stakeholders, and get the best possible outcome from regulatory developments and investigations.
We are a vibrant team and aim to balance intellectually challenging work with a friendly and supportive culture. We work flexibly from home or from our central London office.
Skills and experience
- A Masters qualification or higher in economics; or
- Legally qualified, with at least 3 years post-qualification experience
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience relevant to competition, consumer protection or economic regulation (for lawyers, this can include time as a trainee solicitor/pupil barrister)
- Excellent analytical ability
- Concise, clear and polished verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable engaging professionally face-to-face with senior clients
One or more of the following:
- Extensive experience of working for, or interacting with, a regulator or competition agency
- Prior consultancy experience
- Commercial expertise in a regulated industry
- Deep sector knowledge
How to apply
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV and a short letter of introduction to Leyre Gonzalez (Leyre@fingleton.com).