We are looking for a Principal to support our continued business growth and client focus. The role is permanent and we welcome applicants who have a preference for part-time or flexible working.
The successful candidate will excel at blending analytical insight, creativity and constructive challenge, with clear and concise communication, helping businesses take a strategic approach to tricky regulatory issues.
What the job involves
Applying your expert economic insight to provide strategic advice, direct to decision makers within our clients, on mergers, market investigations, and other regulatory issues.
Managing client relationships, and working collaboratively with clients and their advisors.
Providing support to clients on the approach to governance and effective management of investigations.
Working in a collegiate and flexible manner both in the team and externally.
Being part of growing an exciting and entrepreneurial company.
Skills and experience
The role would particularly suit individuals with experience in consultancy, regulated sectors and/or regulators.
- Masters qualification (or higher) in economics
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience relevant to competition, consumer protection or economic regulation
- Excellent analytical ability (i.e., ability to think through problems rather than specific technical ability)
- Concise and clear verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable engaging professionally face-to-face with clients
- Strong listening skills
- Good cultural fit with the business
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity
- Open to taking risks and to challenge the status quo
- Able to self-manage and work collaboratively
- Non-linear career view
- Extensive experience of working for, or interacting with, a regulator or competition agency
- Prior consultancy experience
- Practical knowledge of substantive competition economics
- Commercial expertise in a regulated industry
- Credibility in front of CEOs and senior business leaders
- Experience of conduct and consumer cases
How to apply
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV and a short letter of introduction to Leyre Gonzalez ([email protected]) who is managing this recruitment process.